COVID - Our response and Cleaning
COVID - Our response and Cleaning
At Peak Group Global we acknowledge that as restrictions ease across Australia you will see the requirements differ from state to state and from studio to studio. Australia has been very successful to date in flattening the curve, but we must not be complacent. We all need to play our part in ensuring the curve stays flat! Please follow the advice provided for your state and also by your Studio. You will also find detailed information and guidance through the Federal Department of Health and the Safe Work Australia industry-specific information for Gyms and Fitness Centres
Yoga Australia has some excellent resources available to all yoga teachers on their site: https://www.yogaaustralia.org.
news/health-alerts/novel- coronavirus-2019-ncov-health- alert
- ACT: https://www.health.act.
gov.au/public-health-alert/ updated-information-about- covid-19
- NSW: https://www.health.nsw.
gov.au/Infectious/diseases/ Pages/coronavirus.aspx. https: //www.nsw.gov.au/news/new- covid-19-compliance-rules-for- nsw-gyms
- QLD: https://www.qld.gov.au/
- SA: https://www.covid-19.sa.
- TAS: https://www.dhhs.tas.gov.
au/publichealth/communicable_ diseases_prevention_unit/ infectious_diseases/ coronavirus
- VIC: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.
- WA: https://www.wa.gov.au/
government/document- collections/covid-19- coronavirus-sport-and- recreation. https://ww2. health.wa.gov.au/Articles/A_E/ Coronavirus
As lockdown restrictions ease, many of us are excited to get back into the yoga studio to continue our fitness and wellbeing. To ensure you can come to our studios with confidence, Peak Group Global and Peak Physique Hot Yoga and has introduced a range of new measures.
- Thorough cleaning of all equipment by both professional cleaners and staff. On the studio floor and following the conclusion of any class
- No shared equipment or mats
- Increased COVID-19 education programs through Peak Group Global Safety measures
- Hygiene stations placed nearby high-touch areas offering hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant for use and sanitising wipes
- Our staff have undertaken Australian Government training modules on COVID-19
- Closing water bubblers (bottled water will remain available to purchase)
- Cash-free purchases where possible social distancing
- Clear floor markings and more signage to help members and staff maintain 1.5 metres social distancing in all areas of the studio
- Introducing COVID sense procedures including no member interaction or sharing of equipment, hygiene stations at studio entry and exits, and additional time between classes for cleaning and sanitisation
KEEPING EACH OTHER SAFE
At this time, the community is more important than ever. You can help us and your fellow members stay safe and healthy by following these guidelines.
- Do not attend the yoga class if you’re feeling unwell
- Our strict ‘no towel and mat, no yoga’ policy is in place
- We ask that you take responsibility for social distancing measures by adhering to dedicated floor markings, avoid congregating before classes starting, respect capacity rules and use only your equipment which has been cleaned previously.
- Please be respectful Instructors and owners who are enforcing procedures.
- Adhere to each studio’s respective actions to work through COVID.